Tuesday, July 18, 2006

True Love

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
-Henry David Thoreau

So how can one know if they are truly in love? One might say you can tell by gazing into each other's eyes or if you get butterflies in your stomach when they touch you. But after years and years of wondering I have finally found the way of figuring out if you are truly in love with someone. For I am madly in love with my boyfriend Ben and I know he truly loves me too for he was willing to help me clean up after my dog was sick. And when I say sick I mean sick in the worse kind of way.





You would assume I would need no more evidence to prove that Ben and I are in love but there is tons more, such as he helps me out, drives two hours to see me and so on. One of the most important pieces of evidences is that we can enjoy each other's company as I peel off his dead skin from his sun burnt shoulders.


Now if that isn't true love what is?

2 comments:

Morah Wasserberg said...

The definition of love is, "the unconditional giving of one's self expecting nothing in return". I think that sums it up nicely.

Silbs said...

So let me get this straight: Love = dog barf + dead skin? I need to have a talk with your mother.
Dad